Data Protection Policy
Data we collect
- If you are on our mailing list we will only hold your full name and email address
- We use Stripe and Paypal for ticket sales on our website. You can read their privacy policies via these links: Stripe | Paypal
How we use your information
If you sign up to one of our courses, we may need to contact you directly to confirm event details, or alert you to a change circumstances. In these cases we will contact you using the information you supplied to us directly.
We will never give or sell your information to a third party.
Photographs and Video
Images of performers and And Also Improv event attendees may be captured at events. And Also Improv will seek your permission before using such images online or in print for promotional purposes. If you wish to rescind that permission, please email us.
We will keep your details for as long as And Also Improv continues to run events, and for as long as you wish to receive emails from us – you are free to unsubscribe at any time. There is an unsubscribe link on the bottom of every email.
If your data is compromised, we promise to contact you as soon as we learn of the breach.
Your right to be forgotten
You have the right to have all of your identifying information deleted, on request. For us, that means we will:
- Unsubscribe you from any mailing lists
- Delete any direct email communication
- Delete any comments you may have made on our website
- Remove, or obscure (so you can’t be identified) your image in any photographs or videos from our events
Subject Access Requests
You have the right to request a copy of the information we have about you. You can do so by emailing us.
You have the right to complain about how we use your data – you can lodge a complaint with the ICO (the Information Commissioner’s Office) here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Definitions and interpretation
- ‘Data’ – All the information you submit to And Also Improv through our website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- ‘And Also Improv’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ – And Also Improv, a company incorporated in England and Wales with Company no. 14669167 whose registered office is at 179 Lower Church Road, Burgess Hill, RH15 9AA
- ‘Cookies’ – a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- ‘UK Cookie Law’ – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- ‘User’ or ‘you’ – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either
- employed by And Also Improv and acting in the course of their employment or
- engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to And Also Improv and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
- ‘Website’ – the website that you are currently using, www.andalsoimprov.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Email address
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, And Also Improv is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 60 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
Third-party websites and services
- And Also Improv may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes in business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take all steps necessary with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by And Also Improv (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £5.00.
- Data security is of great importance to And Also Improv and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and encrypted.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places non-essential Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling And Also Improv to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact And Also Improv by email at email@example.com